Risk Adjustment/HCC Best Practices
It is not surprising that the provider group with the lowest overcode rate and the highest RAF scores actually started a process almost identical to MARSI’s three years before they asked MARSI to audit them. MARSI’s best practice includes:
- A Snapshot Audit- a good estimate of the magnitude of the problem
- Physician to Physician Education- it’s not enough for significant change
- Audit All Charts- that are likely to have error
- Query the Providers- find the problems and continuously retrain
- Follow-Up on Queries – compliance, quality and accuracy
- Start Over- until there is manageable error
Looking for a strategic partner?
We’d love to hear more about you. And we’d love to share more of our work. Please call, click or send the form and we will be in touch.