HCC Physician Training
Frankly, physicians and other providers are not as receptive to training from non-providers. MARSI feels that the initial training should be physician to physician. We provide two hours of CME for that initial training, in order to make it more palatable. The elements are:
- provide insight into the importance of HCCs and the relevance of transitioning to value based reimbursement
- introduce the general requirements of documentation necessary for HCCs
- describe in detail many of the most common HCCs
- describe in detail many of the most common mistakes
- caution providers on the elements of abuse and fraud
- reinforce that they will not be experts after a two hour course
- introduce the concept of continuous documentation improvement and the query process
- Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Creditsä
- prepare providers to work with coders and CDI specialists
provide two hours of CME
* This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements & policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Emergency Medicine Learning and Resource Center (EMLRC) and MARSI, Inc. EMLRC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
EMLRC designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Looking for a strategic partner?
We’d love to hear more about you. And we’d love to share more of our work. Please call, click or send the form and we will be in touch.